Thursday, September 9, 2010

am I alone?

I just finished reading my Facebook page and more than one friend posted Christian music videos. More than one friend joined the "group(s)" that say things like "Let us show we love the Lord, press Like". " I bet we can find REAL Christians, press Like" "Christ is my savior...." I feel scared by this. Am I alone? When did this happen? Why such a draw now? I remember a line from the movie Oh Brother Where Art Thou when Delmar ran into the river to "be saved" Everett said "hard times flush the chumps"

Is that it? We as a country have hit hard times and all the religious chumps are banding together? This is where and how the Taliban mentality breeds. Looks innocent enough then BAM you have yourself a major fanatic on you hands. (gay haters, burning other peoples religious texts, protesting funerals, pushing for policy change that take away freedoms)

The problem is the fact these worshipers are ignorant. Truly. How? The bible is nothing but reworked stories from another time. The Epic story of Gilgamesh, the Mahabarata, pagan myths, etc.... All the bible stories were told long before the Jews wrote it all down and God did not write it! Not only that but at the Council of Nicea Constantine declared much of the Bible unworthy, so people accept the new watered down version (much like school textbooks) and still harp about it being original sacred text.

They know nothing but what they have been told, like good little mindless children, and never once ask the important questions. They make worthless excuses that make no sense because truth be told they only read parts of the Bible the preachers says to, if at all that much.

Clueless Christians passing judgements (which the Bible says NOT to do) and are registered voters! Scary! Did the whole Shepherd leading his flock image not disturb you? If not you must be a believer in some religion. Some dogma/rule loving person. The slave of conformity. Doomed forever not to think for yourself. Raising children to do the same. Baaa baaa ram you to you fleece be true.

I don't roll like that. I cooked up my Dogma for dinner and decided I would never order that dish again, ick! I am not a helpless Lamb lost in the field needing to be rescued. I read between the lines. It's called CONTROL! They swoop in and "help you" and soon they think they own you. They only pretend to be your friend (see how friendly they are if you challenge them). You believe them to because they have sucked you in with guilt and fear. I threw religions out the window of a moving car, to be squashed and never seen again.

I realized you cannot raise creative freethinkers if you have a dogma belief strapped to you. You cannot think out of the box if you keep one foot in it. I burnt the boxes so my children have to learn life out of the box from the start! Free thinkers! Creative thinkers not tied down to the beliefs of others.

Life is about living. Life is about choices. Life is what YOU make of it. God does not have say and neither should a church.
Sadly, America and the world is going through some changes and it scares people. They grasp the cloth, grip the bible, sing the hymns, trust clergy people they do not know for answers, hummm.... hard times really do flush the chumps.

No comments: