Thursday, May 5, 2011

I want to move to Denmark.

I have not a drop of Danish blood. I am not a Viking. I am an American mutt. I have Native American, French. Gypsy, Irish, English, German, and the list could go on. I am the melting pot. Sadly, not a Dane.

Why do I care?

I read an article the other day about the happiest places in the world and the most religious in the world. Denmark was the happiest and the LEAST religious. They are proof that religions are not any good. Proof that life is better when you don't have a dogma to follow. On the flip side the countries/ areas that are the most religious have higher amounts of depression. Guess what, it was America and also the Middle East. Two groups of very depressed religious people fighting while the Danes sip wine, laugh, and shake their heads in disbelief in our stupidity. I want to be a Dane and be accepted as is.

I think religions are the evil of this world. They are no longer needed. We are smart. We can reason. We can think. We know the difference between right and wrong. We do not need a religion to wear around like a badge to prove we are special.

I feel angry when I hear people say, "He must be a good boy. He is raised from a good Christian family." The worst one was from my snake oil salesman type neighbor when he was threatening to take my land away (long story) he smiled a toothy grin and grabbed at his heart, "I am a good Christian man." I was afraid of that man right then.

I do have Christian friends, but it usually does not take them long to see life is better over here without all that baggage. They convert into heathens. "Join me, brothers, join me. The water is fine." Life is too short for the trouble of keeping up appearances for someone else's benefit.

No comments: