Wednesday, May 4, 2011

power is out

My youngest woke me to tell me the power was out. That has not happened in a long time but being in the country like we are it does happen. Funny thing is, we usually lose power on nice days and not stormy days. I called it in and they said 1 to 3 hours. I am actually liking it. The fridge is not humming, the furnace is not roaring, and my teenage son cannot play his very loud guitar and stereo! Instead I can hear the birds outside chirping and calling in the new day.

I am right now just in a reflective mood. The past week was terrible. It was stressful. I am glad my mother is doing better and life feels a little more normal than it did. It will never be "normal" because now I know how damaged my mothers lungs, kidneys, heart, and other ailments are. My husband also came in and said out of the blue he wanted to do yoga last night. That was amazing!

The dogs are not normal this past week either. Lil' Ann, the German Shorthair Pointer, has been chasing our cats and nipping at them and jumping the gates, we installed to keep them in a certain room, and eating our bread, ALL the bread, while we are away. Socrates, the German Shepherd, has decide to leave the cats alone and has figured how to open the gates and tear up the trash.

Well time to stop blogging on my phone. Time to find cold food to eat and play Uno with the boys.

No comments: