Sunday, May 22, 2011

Git'R Done!

I have been in this house almost 9 years. We moved in September of 2002. Soon after we moved in the screen door had a piece break off. A few months later the other screen door on a different entryway was caught in a gust of wind and a piece broke off. Both had the same injury. Fast forward to now and the second door chopped off a length of the dogs tail and had to have surgery to fix it. The cost to fix the tail was more than to fix the door when the first thing broke off it. It was never fixed and never replaced. I was so pissed I literally ripped the fucking door off the hinges and threw my dogs tail away after we got home from the vet.

This is the typical bullshit. This past year I grew weary and disgusted with how things were progressing. I decided it was time to shake the shit out of Ferdinand and take the bull by the horns and get some work done around here.

In the 9 years there have been a lot of negative changes to the house because of a lack of preventiveness. now we are playing catch up! Better late than never, but this has turned me into a strict warden. A wicked slave driver.

We are now getting to the end of getting our retaining wall replaced with decorative pavestone. For the past six years I start the project, when the basement floods, of shoveling out shovel fulls of sloppy mud and making the water drain away from the house. We discuss the project and then it fizzles away. Camping, fishing, and BBQ dinners take over.

This time I put my foot down and I have already stated after this project we have more but for right now stay focused! We still need another weekend to finish this and my husband started to plan a trip to Oklahoma to dig for salt crystals. I said NO! We are going to finish this wall!

I have noticed that if I do not nag and bitch then NOTHING gets done. I know another woman that has the same problem and her man complains she nags and bitches too much.

HELLO!!! If you would man up and pull your own weight with house maintenance and chores without making "mama" scold you and remind you then you would not be nagged!

It is not my first choice to behave like this. I would like to say, "XYZ is broken, let's fix it this weekend." And be done with it. But NOOOO, I hear, "Oh shit I forgot to get the part for XYZ." or "I don't have the money for XYZ this week, why didn't you remind me."

Until the men can do their end of the deal without "mama" to remind them or tell them it is time to do it, then the nagging, bitching, and slave driver attitude will continue until the work is complete. Because after this many years all the nicey nice wifey poo wore off many many MANY moons ago.

Next time you hear that whip crack you better not talk back just better Git'R Done!

No comments: