Friday, May 20, 2011

Time to Shake Things Up!

I really wanted to rise above the negativity. I really wanted to be something more. I wanted to be the change I seek in the world. I find being that person is harder than giving up sugar. Being that person is harder than the two packs a day I use to smoke.

Why is it so hard? Why does being an optimist feel so difficult? Why is it so easy to slip back into negative thought patterns and negative drama? It takes a lot of work to rise above all the negative bullshit that swims around us all day long. From Jerry Springer freaks to your own illogical and insane family, we are swimming in a sea of despair. You find yourself a little peaceful island and sometimes you find a couple like minded friends to hang with and then your slammed with a hurricane that drags your ass back to the sea.

I know, I know, "Misery loves company!" I want to know WHY!? What causes your aunt, mother, father, grandfather, friends, etc... think their miserable existence is the way to go. Are they that blind and asleep that they cannot see how miserable they are?

This week I took time to meditate, I took time to reflect,  and I took time to observe the patterns and people that seem to have the ability to drag me down into the sea. I think it is time to turn off the phone. Turn in my key. And check out from those situations for a bit and gather my wits and senses.

Time to take charge of myself and be OK with what happens. Not everybody will understand and not everybody will appreciate what I am doing for myself. That is something they will have to deal with.

I don't know how this will play out or how it will look. I will continue with my Spidey-Observer senses and keep a look-out for energy drainers!

Time to shake things up a bit and be good to myself!

No comments: