Monday, May 16, 2011

My day.

It has been a long time since I have written about my day. A simple little note jotted down about my simple little day. It seems so quaint!

I got up this morning and grabbed up my frizzy curly mop and strangled it with an elastic and made a quick messy bun. I found some dying yoga pants and a stained yellow tank top. I quickly got dressed and headed downstairs to eat and begin the day. I talked to my mother and my mother in law on the phone. Made a veggie burger on gluten free toast with mayo for breakfast. Kids ran through their normal school work and added on some Khan Academy for a bit extra. Around noon we were complete with school and headed outside. I found a trash can under my pine tree and took it back to my neighbor's house next door. I picked up trash on the way back. I buried a dead chicken with flies flying out of it. I placed rocks on the grave to keep critters from digging it up. After that excitement I watered my strawberry garden, veggie garden, and my soon to be sweet tater patch. Watered the four fruit trees and five fruit bushes. I came in the house and discovered it was 2pm! Where had my day gone? I had a dry corn muffin left over from the dinner the night before and gulped down a big glass of water, checked my Facebook page then headed back out within 30 minutes. I started the grill with woods and put the arm roast in the iron dutch oven to cook. Before I put the roast in I had to wash the dutch oven with dish soap out in the yard with a hose. The D.O. is HUGE and my sink was full of dishes. The oil in the D.O. was rancid and needed to be cleaned out. While the roast was cooking, I needed to keep an eye on the grill so I could keep adding logs when needed, I scrubbed the concrete patio that the grill resides on and the little concrete porch in front of the first door. I had the kids going around picking up trash, broken toys, cans used as target practice, etc...

I came into the house and did the dishes, cleaned the pot that was left out in the yard to scald poultry for butchering. I sent two of the kids out to paint the chicken tractor "artistically" and helped them gather paints from around the house. I finished cooking the roast and added carrots, mushrooms, and brussel sprouts to the pot and then cook waffle fries all on the grill. I had just finished eating dinner and thinking of relaxing on the futon with the kids when my husband walked through the door. Back to work I went. I went back to digging trenches. My hands hurt, my feet hurt from stepping on a shovel in the same spot over and over. I am burnt from being outside almost non-stop since noon until almost 9pm. My big toes hurt from being in my work boots all day. I am exhausted. I will be glad when the trenches are filled in with rock and the walls are installed. All this digging could be used towards my pond!

At least I have coconut oil for my burn and a soft bed to lie in for the night. *yawn* Yep, it is spring. I am beat.

No comments: