Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Roller Coaster?

Ever notice how your life emotional ups and downs are called a "roller coaster?" Were those the people that took the chicken exit? Roller coaster is the place you look forward to the ups and downs and really love the downs. You love the downs so much you throw your arms in the air and scream with delight. In real life when you have a down you curl in a ball and cry yourself to sleep or you go into a rage or you simply go numb with despair. You don't throw your arms above your head and scream as loud as you can with a huge shit eaten grin on your face. If you did people in white jackets will come pick your ass up!

I know why we call it a roller coaster because of the ups and downs. I just don't know WHY! Could we not think of anything better? Drowning, now that brings up a nasty but real despair image. Burning, trapped, caged, fenced in, and/or abandoned work as well. We seem stuck on roller coaster. I hear it quite a bit. I have no point I suppose. I just don't like taking the roller coasters name in vain! It deserves our respect for all the joy it brings. It is wrong to associate it with turmoil. Swamped, bushwhacked, or bamboozeled. Lots of words for different circumstances and emotions.


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I woke up to find this entry. I don't have the drive to write any more about this so it will stop where it stopped last night.

_

No comments: