Monday, May 23, 2011

Today

Today I dug a 12' trench (give or take). Today i sweated like a fireman stoking the fire of steam engine, except instead of coal I was chucking chunks of dirt. Today I laid pipe. Today I transported gravel from one side of the yard to the next. Today I got another sunburn. Today I used a pick to loosen hard pan clay and gravel. Today I spray painted with berry pink gloss a dresser meant for a baby I did not get. Today I completed my first french drain. Today I met a neighbor wearing my hair in a bun, sweating from cleaning, and wearing my PJ shorts with hideous black socks and unshaved legs next to a berry pink dresser and strewn about drawers and a fresh pile of chicken shit next to my french drain. Today I ran out of black pepper. Today I did the unfathomable and destroyed a wasp nest. Today I watched my boys play in the hose, one was naked. Today I scrubbed my kitchen floor while squatting and using an old wash rag. Today I made myself a mango lassi and realized I gave of cigarettes for smoothies. Today I ate a cheese sandwich with smoked goat cheddar, coconut oil, and toasted Udi's gluten-free bread. Today I have not had a glass of elderberry wine but thinks it would be a nice way to finish off TODAY!

No comments: