Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nobody wants to be alone!

Gopher, the male cat, is lying between my husband and I. These past 2 weeks have been hard on him. His adopted sister, Spotted Leaf, decided she needed to spread her wings and fly. No, really! She sliced open a window screen from a second floor window and jumped out and came up missing for days. Gopher moped and whined and sulked around the house. He even took it upon himself to bring her home. He escaped as well for a night here and there. She would come home hungry and tired. Several nights ago Gopher left and did not come home for several days. I feared the worse. My big sweet kitty out in the country alone. He was a house cat not an outside warrior cat! My kitty pet came home late. A couple nights ago and Spotted Leaf came along as well. She stayed here for her usual rest and food then left early this morning. She never even told Gopher goodbye. Tonight, I think, the lonliness got to him. He came to bed. Gopher found us on July 4th, 2010. Spotted Leaf found us at the end of August. Both were hungry freashly weaned kittens.

Poor Gopher. He wants his playmate back and she can only think of freedom.

I suppose I can let him sleep with us like he did the month before she came. This is proof nobody likes to be alone!

No comments: