Tuesday, June 7, 2011

silence

Numbness. Lost for words. Silence has become my friend. I find peace in silence. I find saddness in silence. I find ME in silence. I find the smoothness and the wrinkles and cantell them apart. I see the fire and the water and can bring them together. I see the cloud and can prepare myself for the rain. I feel the chill and can wrap myself up in warmth.

Silence IS golden. You can clear your mind and organize your thoughts. Silence, Shhhh, watch it now, don't go telling me there is something wrong here. I am not talking about a sterile room and padded walls. I am talking about turning off the TV, radio, and shutting down your computer! Sit in the silence of your creeky house. Sit outside on your porch, in a field, under a tree, or on the sidewalk. Go listen to the silence. Open your eyes and watch the silence. Do not contribute just BE!

That is how you observe a moment of silence.

No comments: