Monday, June 25, 2012

Keeping Up Appearances

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my mom dying. It was a typical day. The family went to dinner for my son's birthday, which we didn't do last year because of my mom. We went to the water park and just hung out. Life was its normal self.

After taking my normal self to bed I son discovered that not everything was normal. I woke up at 2am, 3am, and again 4 am from a long running nightmare of my mom dying. A crazy dream ensued and left me terribly miserable. The 4 am wake up left me sobbing and snotting. One of those shake the bed crying sessions.

I will admit, life is easier and less stressful with my mom not around to boss people. It's nice to go visit my Dad and not get yelled at. It's nice to not to feel irritated with her ungratefulness. I still miss her though. I miss my mom.

No comments: