Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mushrooms?

When I was little my grandfather had a plaque in his bathroom that said, "I'm treated like a mushroom. Kept in the dark and feed bullshit."

I had that feeling this weekend. My husband told me about how his grandfather beat his women. I was flabbergasted. I knew the man before he died, no one, not a single soul mentioned it, ever.

In 20 years with my husband you'd think he or his mother or someone would've shared this. No, I heard about how great grandpa was. How much everybody loved him, except his crazy ass daughter that refused to talk to him.

After hearing this about "grandpa" I have to wonder about my husbands mad old aunt in Oklahoma that i've never met, ever.

Why was she so mad at her dad? So mad she wouldn't see him a he was dying even. That is pretty dang angry.

Perhaps there its more to this story and it begs me to ask the question, "why was the family ok with this?" And "why is it such a secret?"

Pretending it didn't happen is all well and good except fire the people he abused!

I see them all in a different light now and not a rosy one either.

No comments: