Monday, February 24, 2014

Thinking, obsessing, and can't sleep

Last weekend my husband's grandfather passed away unexpectedly. Today was the visitation and tomorrow is the funeral. I didn't go because it's 7 hours away via a car and the fat before he died I took my dog to the vet and he was given a pharmaceutical cocktail to be given every morning. My husband said my reason for staying was "lame." He was angry. Where do I take a sick dog and a healthy dig on such sorry notice? Where can I find a house sitter willing to deal drugs to one dig and make the other dog doesn't get them? My dog is on antibiotics and pain killers. I don't find my reason lame.
Besides, his grandpa never had nice things to say to me. He always made fun of my weight. To be frank, I feel really indifferent to his death. I would have gone with my husband to support his grief IF it wasn't for the dogs.

My hubby left Sunday morning. He could've left today but chose to leave on Sunday. He arrived around 3pm. I didn't hear from him until 11pm and he was falling asleep. He waited until he ess in bed falling asleep to remember I've been wondering if he was ok for 18 hours.

Today I figured I would get a good morning, a hello, something. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Instead his aunt and cousin are posting pictures, info, etc.

See, my husband's mom, maybe his dad too, have a don't bother me while I'm traveling philosophy. "No need is good news."

My family was the complete opposite. You called asking the way at check points on the road trip. You kept tabs for safety reasons.

I only ask fir the middle ground but he thinks I'm a "nervous nelly."
I, personally, find it inloving and disrespectful not to make contact.

I'm feeling very upset right now. If he cared he'd call or text. He does neither. I don't think he cares like he says he does.


Update: my hubby finally contacted me. He said "morning." 

Maybe I expect too much from him, from men in general. I told him I'm not buying his excuses he doesn't have signal when his whole freaking family is on FB and he's with them. I told him even if his phone doesn't have signal, if he really wanted to, he'd find a way to make contact. Get the wifi password, call me from another phone, something. 


I told him I'm tired of not getting the same curtesy I give him. I'd like to see a return on my investment. 

All he texted was, "you are right." And haven't heard from him since. Feeling stressed, unloved, and not important to him. This is a shitty place to be right now. 

No comments: