Sunday, October 9, 2011

Porch swing stories...

If my porch swing could speak it would have so many stories to tell. It has witnessed messy art projects, woodworking, saddness, sickness, depression, lonliness, funny stories, pirate songs, kids play, nap times, science experiments, and more. It has been here through it all.

This porch and porch swing are my best friends. No matter how I feel I feel better out here. I am shaded, rocked, and sometimes sunned. I feel a breeze and sheltered from the rain. I bring projects out here, I have read books to myself and the kids out here. I have made love out here and watched the moon out here. I paint and sand out here. I laugh out here and cry out here. This is my open air hide-a-way tucked right into the side of the house.

If I am ever so blessed to build a house to be the way I want it I will make sure to include not one porch but many! It would be nice to follow the sun from east to west and feel the warmth of winter in an enclosed porch on the south and have an open cool porch to the north.

Oh I love my porch swing so much I burnt my lunch!

No comments: