Monday, October 10, 2011

We can't see our own selfishness...

Don't think I don't wonder how I present myself to the world when I feel angry with someone else. I do. I think to myself, "do I do that? And when? How?" I do stop and think it over. I really do my best to treat others the way I want to be treated. Karma! I want what I give to come back and I make sure what ai give is something I want back. Now sometimes I forget the golden rule but I make an effort not to let that become a habit.

What I am noticing is that it doesn't seem to work. I help people and I get no help back when I ask for it. I bite my tongue and say nothing only to get rude slurs thrown into my face.

I think the golden rule benefits the people getting treated well and they have no idea I am being nice and letting them off the hook.

Now I understand bitchy women. They have been kicked around sooo long that they say, "the hell with it." And fight back.

Last night I made an observation (not in a snooty way) about how my husband should go look at the neighbors garage because it was so well organized. Women say things like this to each other all the time and my husband says things like this to me all the time. I got, "KISS MY ASS!" And my father in law remarked, "She's been hanging out with J to long."
I was so hurt. What did I do to deserve that? My husband later thought it was funny and laughed and laughed and said it was only my PMS.

I hate how men cut down women, treat them poorly, ignore them and other insensitive things and when we get upset they blame our hormones! Meanwhile that rest of the month I was biting my tongue and being civil and saying things like, "I thought what you said was mean." And I am now just a hormonal bitch.

So much for Karma and doing the right thing and hoping for the best.

I see now there is no hope and no best and I am just going to stick to my guns and be a hormonal bitch ALL the TIME!

No comments: