Thursday, April 26, 2012

Friends

This week has been rough. A friend of mine, my very close friend that I go and do everything with, had found a new friend.

I'm not against her having friends it's the way she is having this one that bothers me so much.

This other woman was at the homeschool group. We all talked a few times but nothing much. My friend ran into this woman at the zoo one day a couple Weeks ago. The next thing I know she is taking a car seat to her. Then after that age invited her to come stay the night, what she always did for my son and I.
The woman had not left and all I hear, if I hear from her, it's about how great this woman is, how she totally gets her and all these wonderful things. I then hear how they just talk and talk and talk and cannot stop. They talked until 4am. At this point I'm feeling angry because WE use to do that too. So I smile and say, "Like we did." And she giggles and said, "ooh I forgot!" What? February was not that long ago.

I'm upset because its like all that time I spent in the friendship didn't matter. She was always looking for something better.

Make matters worse, since now my go to talk to someone person doesn't have time for me, I went to my husband. "You're just jealous." I still have not forgiven him for that remark.

Did I mention my friend is married? Yep, now she wants this brilliant glowing new new new friend to be her marriage therapist.

Aye aye aye...Lucy, I need a drink.

So I sit here tonight lost, lonely, and seriously confused. Not to mention my husband left for work 13 hours ago and hasn't come home yet. He called his I-group to tell them he wasn't coming, but not me.

Did I just fall out of favor with everybody?

No comments: