Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Learning to let it go, again

It's hard to get out of ruts. We train our brains, mostly unknowingly. Mine is trained in the feeling sorry for myself and feeling lonely. Not good. I also get mad at my husband for "making" me feel this way. Now, I know he can't make me feel anything, but tell that to my damn brain!

It's hard to shake that rotten feeling when you see and feel it bubble up. A nasty troll coming to gobble up your happiness and your soul.

I know if I was in my husband's shoes I would be very tired too. Getting up at 5 am, so he can go fix breakfast for the men at work on Wednesdays, means he can't stay awake to talk to me. It's up to me to find my own happiness and my own friends to fill that void I feel in my life.

The thing is how do I convince my brain to let go of the expectation and let something else happen?

Oh, those other 6 days a week? He doesn't stay awake then either. I am taking it day by day....

No comments: