Sunday, November 3, 2013

Art

I've been having a whole bunch of fun with art lately. I keep attempting to get the boys interested by bringing in different methods. What happens is they give a feeble attempt and then get up and leave and never return. I used to feel really disappointed but now I look at the bright side. I get to have all the fun and share equipment or watch them waste materials. I have given them the experience and it didn't capture them as it does for me. That is ok. I will continue to hone my skills as they move away from the projects I present. I will keep bringing in new projects.  

This week I taught them block printing. We made pictures on the styrofoam meat trays ( clean and sanitized.) I bought a brayer and ink and we made prints. This week I bought linoleum block and cutters to make a permanent blocks so I can teach them how to make them for  Tshirts. I want to get a screen printing kit and make tshirts like that as well. 


No comments: