Monday, October 28, 2013

Disappointment

I'm disappointed in the majority of my friends. I'm disgusted as well. Why? Because I perceive them as flaky. I'm finding it hard to deal with flaky anymore. I have little patience for it. Indecisiveness is their major flaw. Excuses galore. Never any follow through. Later I hear, "I wish I had...." 
I heard and hear it all the time. "Let's talk about it." Do we? No. That is code for "I'm not going to bring it up if you don't." I don't because why bother anymore. It never goes anywhere. The other thing I hear is, "I can't plan that far out." Meaning, "I can't make a commitment because something better might show up." 

Some of it is fear basd and the other is just plain old loser friends that want you there for them but can't be there for you. I have the good time drinking friend, the tea drinking pyscho babble friend, and the general fair weather friends. 

I'm discovering that people that I thought were acquaintances are actually more friend material than my friends.

I have to ask myself, "what motivates me to continually attract flaky loser friends?" 
My mom used to get so mad at me about this fact. I always had loser friends. I'm almost 40 and frankly I'm tired of this trend. 

Question is how do I turn it around? How do I attract the kind of friend I am to them and the kind of friend I want in my life? 

No comments: