Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pub crawl

Last night was my first ever pub crawl. Not only that it was set up so we could all get into each bar without a cover charge. The catch was this; the entire group was sectioned off into 4 groups. Each group had its own tshirt color. I was the turquoise group, my friend john was green, Dennis was pink, and the other group was purple and I don't know them. Each group had art projects they were to complete. One was video, one was pictures, one sculpture, and one 2d art. I was in the 2d group. Our group was the smallest. One member of our group only came to one bar. This member has now left a bitter taste on my heart. 

I've not always agreed with this person. I've sat back and watched her live her train wreck life without judgement. I wouldn't live like that but I never felt it was my place to scold her and such. Other friends felt it necessary to tell her off. To get in to her face and make sure she knew they were displeased. 
I thought her past actions were selfish and that she took a cold unloving approach to her situation that pissed off the friends she had. But last night I was really irked. This time she showered us with her icy unyielding love and I am having difficulty today forgiving her.

We were waiting on her last night. No text, nothing, did she give. I texted her, nothing back. We were about to give up when she walked in the door. She sat down and said we were to wait on her boyfriend. She was given a tshirt to wear. She looked at it in disgusts and passively refused to wear it. Boyfriend arrived and shortly after we headed off on our walk. We all stop to help another team with their tripod. She pushes forward and says in a hasty nasty tone, "I'm going." I let everyone know she left and everybody tries to catch up. She then says, "oh, are we suppose to stay together?" I said, "yes, we are the blue team....that is why you have that tshirt." She does this snobby up in the air nose thing and says with a laugh, "I'm not a team player."  NO SHIT! 

Her and her boyfriend have a drink and a shot of tequila and leave. She barely says good-bye. I know she has to work the next morning but even then it is still only about 8pm. My biggest beef was the lack of fun playful spirit she was unwilling to give. She distananced herself, she was cold and unyielding, and was deliberately not going to join the festivities and be a team player. 

I really feel like my eyes have finally been opened. I can't decide if I'm really disappointed in her or myself for not seeing this earlier. She is on a destructive path of burning bridges. I feel angry and saddened by my experience with her last night. I'm disappointed too. 

Other than that, I was a team player and by doing that I had a blast. We each made a piece of art at each bar. Even if we only spent 3 minutes on it. A final art piece will be made by the leader from our work. Then each team will be judged and awarded something.

I hope we get to do it again!

No comments: