Tuesday, January 26, 2010

alone in a crowded room

(Again from my phone and no spell check)

Today I sat down on the wooden bench in the ladies locker room to take off my boots and don my shabby old swimming suit. At once I stopped. I took a breath and exhaled loudly. I was alone and it felt good. This eerie damp stillness over took my senses and I sat there not moving. I could hear the boys splashing in the pool. Men showering next door. The hot tub whirring. Ever so loudly. But I was alone. The muffled noises let me know I was among the living but the sillness in the concrete room lent itself to a complete different reality. I like that feeling. Going to a party and slip off to hear the noises and not see the people. I find myself being transported. Alone in a crowded room. You never know what happy unexpected adventures you can experience.

1 comment:

Tracy Million Simmons said...

Tracie -- You truly do have a wonderful voice and I'm glad to see you writing here. I've always enjoyed your words.