Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Awareness

We have been inundated with awareness lately. Everybody with a cause wants to be heard. Not a bad concept, but there is such a thing as running it into the ground. Take Breast Cancer Awareness. I can no longer wear pink without someone thinking I am doing it for the boobs. Really, how did pink get picked in the first place? Last I checked, which is every morning and night, mine were not pink. Did the color get picked because I am a "girl?" Disgusting. I don't see men wearing powder puff blue ribbons to represent prostate cancer. We all know about that, don't we?

My beef with the whole "Awareness" model is that we already KNOW and we don't need reminding. It also does no good rubbing it in. And all that money people donate will not go to help anyone with the cancer. No one pays their bills. Nope, it lines the pockets of more pharmaceutical companies. They are NOT doing research for a cure, they are doing research on how to keep you barely alive so they can keep giving you more drugs. They are not into healing.

The other issue is a total lack of consciousness. What you think of manifests itself. If you keep talking and talking ad talking about something it's going to manifest itself; good or bad!
Wearing ribbons, buying cans of soup with ribbons, asking people what their bra color is, it all brings about more of something we do not want.

I do not jump on the band wagon unless I know what we are asking for from the universe is going to be good for me. I put my energy into talking about what I want, not what I do not want.

I support health, happiness, safety, love, and freedom. I support organic foods, raw milk, homeschooling,  religion free living, and sustainability.  Stop supporting and raising awareness to things you do not like. Support what you do. A family member that experienced cancer, breast and liver, said this when she saw the bra color facebook awareness status, "If we don't know by now, then we are dead!" She did NOT participate.

No comments: