Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Is it much to ask for help?

Let's take a moment to think about what it means to be a stay at home mom, shall we? I get up early in the morning and I begin my day. I do not lie down on the couch and veg out. I am up and doing as well as directing.
A typical day is laundry, dishes, sweeping, making meals, directing children to do their chores and school work. I teach lessons, read books, and demostrate how to various chores and projects correctly. I make phone calls, lists, make appointments, go to appointments, drive children to play groups, classes, and lessons. I take care of animals, children, and life issues all day long. I also do all the shopping for everything we need, even at the hardware store. I make small home repairs, painting, patching holes in walls, and I even do the lawn care.

Is it too much to ask my husband to talk to mechanic, take the trash, and sometimes pick up a little slack and make his own appointments! He seems to be under impression I do nothing. He makes comments like, "you are home all day." Well first of all that is not true! Most days I leave here by noon and get home after 5pm. When it is an activity I am not going to participate in I think he should make the effort to make his own appointments.

Is that too much to ask for?

I told my husband he needs to help me make life more balanced. It is not, not by a long shot. This family is a team effort and it is about time I have some players with team spirit on my side.

Is that too much to ask for?

No comments: