Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sing About My Winter Blues

I shiver, quiver, and shake in bed every night. I snuggle up with Sam and have even went as far to share blankets with him. I wear copious amounts of clothing to bed. I whimper constantly. I shut my eyes after the thaw begins and sleep throught the night. I wake up around 8am to find the world bleak, colorless, and GRAY! We are now on month 3 of gray days. We had rain. Then fog, then snow, then for no reason the sun still was scarcely seen. Oh the misery! of day after day. I am losing my mind. I now sit and contemplate what would happen mixing Rescue Remedy in wine. I have made mind numbing herbal cocktails. I am falling into the winter depression felt by true northerners. Shampooing, clipping toe nails, putting on pants for visitors seem like challenges I have never experienced before. I get through my days by watching 1950's sci-fi, checking facebook, cleaning turd pieces off toilets, and daydreaming about Summer! Dancing naked around a fire, going swimming the way Goddess intended, and drinking enough mojitos next to the sprinkler to pickle my organs. Ahhhhh yes, summer, I can feel your warm southerly breeze tickleing my ear....oh wait that is Sam on the verge of snoring.

Time to call it a night and think about Summer and the fun.....again.

No comments: