Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Excuse me, can I be a man today?

Yes, I want to try being a man. I want to see how the other side lives. Curiosity takes hold when I see how my husband interacts with the children and thinking back on how my day has gone. Just a couple weeks? Can I, please? Because from what I see it looks a lot less stressful. Yes, a lot more physical, in my husbands case, but I will have manly strength and I should be able to deal with that. I also want the man to switch as well.
 I want him to experience all the joys of being a woman. I want to to be unable to sleep because his hormones are out of whack. I want him to have the monthly headache and abdominal cramps with the occasional back ache that feels like back labor along with a messy period. I want him to put a smile on his face while this happening while entertaining guests because you, as a woman, are expected to push through and make due during those times. I want him to also be responsible for the house work, yard work, reminding the man to take the trash, grocery shopping, cooking, taking care of kids, garden, and in my case homeschool.
I want to call him up and tell him to make sure one of the children get a chore done for me because I forgot. I will forget my keys, my phone, and my wallet. I will even forget to take the trash because I forgot someone reminded me. I will leave my dirty uniforms next to the door. I will go and play disc golf, racquetball, and visit people during slow times at work. I will promise to pick something up and then forget to do it. I will come home and hug my children and read a story then take a shower and go to bed. I want him to make sure the laundry is clean because I will need boxers and socks in the morning. I want him to make sure to put the food away because I ate while I was out.
 I will fall asleep as he is telling me how the kids fought all day, the dog bled all over the house, how the cats brought down the Christmas tree or dumped the dog water, how the kids screamed and yelled when given chores and school work,  the kitchen sink clogged up and the toilet too, how a turkey got in the basement because someone "forgot" to shut the door.
 I will smile and say, "Sounds like you had a full day." When I wake up the next morning I will be surprised and shocked when the laundry was not completed. After all I do for this family! I should have clean socks and boxers and then think out loud, "What's your problem? You get to sleep in?' I don't know why you are so bitchy in the morning, I am the one that has to go to work."

No comments: