Sunday, July 17, 2011

air bath

Many moons ago when I was a young thing reading tid bits here and there but never the whole story I stumbled upon something that changed me forever. I read that Ben Franklin liked to take Air Baths. Meaning he liked to lie in bed naked and open the windows and let the air hit his body. I ran and took a bath then I went to my room, opened my window, spread out my towel and laid there with the sun beating down and the breeze blowing across my skin. I was hooked! I don't always open my window to take my air bath but I like to lie down and enjoy my clean skin and take a moment for myself. Since I homeschool and don't have to rush out of here most days and my kids are old enough to care for themselves for a bit, I slip away far more than I use to.

It is really nice when it is fresh air but sometimes the weather makes it too hot or too cold. I have discovered I can handle 60 degrees on the cooler end. I could go warmer but hubby dislikes the windows open with the a/c on. My mother always thought it was weird but I never knew of her to try much out of the ordinary. I have always lived with at least one foot out of the box. Either privately or openly. I realized at a young age that life was short. Too short for living like a manufactured robot.

As I lie here in bed now after my hot shower there is nothing more soothing than a moment of silence and a cool fan blowing across my skin. I feel alive and relaxed and glad to have a moment to enjoy the simple pleasures.

Thanks, Ben! You are still an inspiration! Now, who wants a beer? ;)

No comments: