Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Its that time of year....

That time of year where I sit and fret over my schedule and if I will have enough time to get it all done. Homeschooling is not a pssive past time nor a breezy walk through the park. When you have three children all at different levels and all liking different things you have to be on your toes at all times. Music lessons, fencing, gym/pe, playgroups, co-op classes, regular schooling, fieldtrips, play dates, sleepovers, and then there is regular life issues. Laundry, grocery shopping, buying clothes, taking care of home, auto, and animals. Add this on to finding time for myself....well....gets hairy and scary with all that juggling!

When people make remarks about how I have all the time in the world to do something because I am home all day I roll my eyes and know they are completely ignorant. Those same people are the ones that need to nap after a trip to the grocery store.
These are usually thinking my kids are not getting a well rounded education and having experiences other children get. I remember my school years and my kids have had more experiences than I ever had. Two of the three have flown a plane, number three refused. The kids have a dissectting kit and have used it. Various art classes(all), dance(for the oldest), theater(oldest), nature classes and boy scouts (all), out of state trip for Greek olympics (oldest), space camp (oldest), have seen almost every single museum in the entire Metro (and beyond) and not to mention the zoo. My kids do not lack experience.

I do my best to make sure they learn about their world and beyond. By using a cotton gin, cutting open a frog, taking archery, pumping water, feeding goats, volunteering, and doing and creating art they are living and creating a firm foundation for something solid and tangible. They are going to be just fine. This is really the best situation for our family.

No comments: