Sunday, January 26, 2014

Denial is not a river in Egypt

My husband likes to think of himself as an open kind of guy. He likes to think he is a hip cat that can handle me being around straight men. I know differently. He is not a hip cat. He's a scared cat. Last night was a shining example. See, my husband and I have a great sex life. It's active and fun. We are not your typical missionary only do nothing but traditional sex modes kind of folks. We spice it up and have fun. YET, my hubby feels it nessisary to sound sex starved when other men are around and I'm there. He makes me sound like a prudish fuddy duddy. Last night someone says, " oh looks like someone is getting some tonight." His reply? "Oh, no. She'll have a headache." What the hell? Threatened much? One, I never play games like that. I only say no when I really do feel ill. If I say no because I'm not ill it's because I'm mad and I tell him. No games. Period. My jaw dropped upon hearing that. I was outed as a prude, everybody gasped and giggled in horror, and I was hurt. He doesn't get it. I know, unconsciously, he said that because he felt threatened. He doesn't want others to see I'm a sexual being and take me away from him, but it hurt nonetheless. Hurt even more when he had it not only last night but this morning as well. He better not try to sabotage my work I'm going intof selling sex toys. We'll have words over that. Hell, we had words over this. Sigh. I still love him, even so....

No comments: