Monday, January 20, 2014

Haters gonna hate.....

This past week has been interesting, to say the least, about my diet and exercise. 
I'll just sa y it, I totally bombed yesterday. I'm ok with that because I'm not going to have guilt about it. It's not everyday I have people over and drink wine, dried liquor soaked fruits, and eat lots of dark chocolate. Yum! 

The haters part comes from earlier in the week. I've not been blaring I'm dieting to every person I meet. I quietly decline foods and the such without much fanfare. It's easy because of my allergies. I thought I would at least tell my mother in law and sister in law as we were catching up. My. MIL actually yelled at me to stop doing weight watchers because they are a starvation diet and I'll get tired of eating like that and gain all my weight back and they don't let you've fat in your diet. Seriously? I'm doing something different, something to better myself and I get that? I'm still pissed. She is mean. Always mean, forever cold, and never thinking what she says will be of any consequence to her relationships. I was hurt. Conversation killer enemy number one.  Opinionated old bat! She didn't stop there with her uncouth rudeness but it wasn't about dieting so I'll not list my grocery list of grievances here.

The other issue was my friend. We have to rewind a bit to a few months before. She got a gym membership and got a trainer, then another trainer, and was working out so much I was worried about her. I even told my husband. I didn't tell her to stop. I just listened and let her be. Even though she was tired all the time, she never did anything but work out. She was even getting cold sores from her body being stressed. She was always sore and always miserable and still complained she was fat. She's not, by the way, she's skinny, very skinny. Tiny little butt. Anyhow, I hadn't seen her in a long time because of her crazy workout schedule. I finally had time to talk to her and told her I joined a new gym and had a new trainer and was going on in my fitness world. I got the don't do it from her too. What the hell? She started telling me her horror story and how her cortisol levels were off the charts and on and on. Uh, one difference, I don't let the trainer bully me into half killing myself. I do what I want when I want and the trainer checks in to see how I'm doing. I'm enjoying myself and feel good, not miserable. 

I think what we have here is two opinionated people. I'm guilty of that too. I'm learning though it's best not to share, especially with these types of folks. It's sad that they can't trust my decision about my own body and health. Do I really look like the flighty type? The type that falls into every gimmick around? It saddens me that I can't talk about this with some people. It really closes the door on relationships when your opinions are so vocal you scream, as with my mother in law, and it really hard to share exercise tips with someone that has closed the door on another way because they over did it before their body was ready. 

Humans, what are we good for? 

No comments: