Wednesday, March 19, 2014

5 Alive

5 people in this house. I'm the only female. It's lonely, terribly lonely to be in that predicament. The makes of the house are very independent and do well without communication. Tonight my 2 younger sons are in their rooms when my husbands came home. He walked over and kissed me while I was waking on the treadmill. Then outside to his garage he goes. I finish my walk, make dinner, and sweep the floors. Hubby comes in and gets his dinner, eats and then heads back out to the garage. The boys come out of their rooms for food then sneak away with their plates full back into their rooms. Much much later my oldest comes home and he's on the phone as he walks in and heads to his room. By this time hubby is in the house but sitting at the table carving. We've yet to speak.
This is typical. They are all happy too. The younger boys have seen me all day and that's all they need. The oldest is busy with growing up. Hubby, well, he's always been a happy toddler, he likes the fact I'm there.

Finding my place in the world is not easy. I feel like I'm 18 all over again. I know it's time to grow up and stretch my wings but I'm scared.

No comments: