Monday, March 10, 2014

Quiet house

The house is quiet. Very quiet, indeed. One soon is at work, one is at a friend's house, one is sleeping. One dog outside lounging on the porch, one dig in her bed asleep. Only one cat in the house and she is watching the sleeping dog. The furnace is running and I'm keeping quiet Shi my son can sleep.

I love this part of the day. It's not rushed or hurried. It's not stressed. It's really a time of just being. Being right here, right now, in the moment as it is. No plans. No structure. Nothing more than being.

I really love the stillness of quiet moments. The gentleness of them. At times they can make me feel anxious. That's because I've lost the moment. My mind starts preparing for something. Like what? I don't know, that's why I get anxious. Could be a cat puking, dog barking, phone ringing, or my son opening his door to ask if he can play video games. Simple things, yes, but those moments break up the coveted silent moments.

I dislike silent moments when I have a human nearby. I like to fill the air with our noise, our souls. I love to hear people talk. Some voices reach out and kiss you on the lips as they speak.
I lie, it's nice to be silent with a human when you connect in meditation. Both working on the same goal of peace, love, and oneness. How intimate to face each other, hold hands, then close your eyes, and then be silent. Concentrating on the love, the life, the light of Earthkind. Then breaking the silence with a kiss is the bliss in the cosmic pudding.

I've seemed to strayed from my path. I've wandered down a dimly lit gravel road. The fear of mountain lions, rattlesnakes, and rabid beasts lurking in the tall grasses masking their desires to destroy me.

I see the path, my path to take, yet, strangely this dark and dreary path seems to have a rut worn and is comfortable to stay in.

I know I need to make a commitment to myself to walk the path I seek. My fear of walking it alone can't be nearly as scary as beast waiting to devour me.

I must step out of the despair and into the fear and hold on to the unicorn horn tightly because it could be a bumpy hella'fun ride!

Time to break silence as I break my fast. Until next time sweet souls....


No comments: