Monday, June 16, 2008

My man is back!!

OK, so maybe I missed him more than I thought, but I am already thinking he needs to go back to work.

He got home late Saturday morning. Took forever for us to get going, but we finally managed to get out of the house and visit with my parents for awhile. We made dinner for them, had ice cream for dessert, and then left he kids there for the night.

I was driving and I saw the exit for the Arboretum and took it. We got there just 30 minutes before the gate closed. We got out and took a 45 minute stroll, OK we actually took time to make out in shady places. We quit when a huge blood-sucker made my arm dinner.

When we got home we sat out on the porch swing and enjoyed each other. Then I had a light bulb moment! Just days earlier I hung my red beaded mosquito net on the porch. I talked Hubby into getting snugly inside it. I grabbed a beach blanket and used it to keep bugs out from underneath the porch. Hubby ran and got an air mattress and sleeping bag. I grabbed one of the kids super hero comforters that NEVER get used, and actually we used 2. One for more squish, and another for the top. I grabbed 4 pillows and we were set. The Goddess Shrine was ready. The night was perfect. It was not hot, nor too cool. There was a gentle breeze.

I don't know when we drifted off together, but I know at 1 am Hubby jumped up and left. I woke up and did the "***piff*** wimp" thought. I tried to go back to sleep, but it was no use. My 30 something bones were telling to stop lying there and head up to my pillow top mattress!!! I was determined to sleep outside.

Here comes Hubby. He was covered in welts. Bugs had eaten him from the outside because his skin was touching the netting. I was not touching the netting and had a blanket on also. He did not. He was eaten alive, literally. He wanted me to come in. He feared I was next. I laughed. I came in only because my bones were not happy with me.

It was so beautiful while it lasted, but the new has worn off!

Today Hubby laughed and said, "well I think it has happened, I need to go back to work, you've had enough"

HA HA! It is so great he understands me so well that he does not take it personally. I can only handle so much and then I need my space, no matter how much I adore you!

With that said, I am going to go to bed and adore him some more before he goes to work in the morning.

Tootles!

No comments: