Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Big surprise...

Several months ago Camp Gaea sent out its flyer for the Goddess Gathering. It's a male free environment. All heavy lifting and "manly" work completed by strong manly women. It's a safe place to let your boobs down and your hair to stick up. Women forgo the makeup and niceties that society expect from us. It is a wonderful experience when shared with friends. 

My friend got her flyer. For months I've heard how we are going. " buy your ticket, we are going." She even told me she invited some more people and they were excited. Then she asked if I bought my ticket and I said no. She told me not to she was paying for me because I paid for me last time. 

My husband asked if I had signed up. I said no. He thought I was crazy not to. We are talking about married women with commitment issues. I was not going to buy a ticket until the day I got there. 

Couple days ago she lets me know she has to cancel. Her husband booked a hotel for the same weekend for their anniversary. Her anniversary is a couple weeks before mine which is August 21. Their trip is the third week in September. 

I knew it. I knew she would back out. She has yet went on a field trip we had planned or come to a gathering I have planned. She always finds a way out unless you beg and cajole. I am done playing those games with people. I want fun people that are committed to their word. I can understand issues come up but that was not an issue. That was rude. 

No comments: