Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I Believe....part 1

A FB friend asked if everyone would write a piece where they would say, " I believe" then write without much thinking what is is you believe. 

Instead of writing I was just thinking and then this scary thought happened. I had nothing. What do I believe? Holy smokes, I was left with nothing. I felt empty. 

As I sit here on my porch swing in a relaxed state I still cannot think of anything. I used to have this same problem as a child. Someone would ask who my hero was and they expected an answer. I was even expected to give oral report projects on that subject a couple times. Seriously, I faked it every time. People like to hear you have a hero. I was never the child that said fictional characters were my heroes. I knew them to be fake. I never thought of non-fiction humans as heroes either. They were human. They had no special skills that made them anymore special than I. They had to poop, put on their own shoes, and pull up their pants just like the rest of us. They were not special enough for me to call them a hero. 

I guess I feel the same way about beliefs. Beliefs change and I don't find it clutters up my mind much. 
What clutters my mind is just living. Relationships, finances, recreation, and careers. My mind is preoccupied with surviving, loving, and living. 

I'm not saying I don't have beliefs. it is just I don't sit around thinking about them. Like I never thought about heroes to worship when I was little, like every adult assumed I was doing. Maybe this is weird, I don't know. I don't care. Just out of curiosity I will give thought to my belief in a different post called Part 2.

No comments: