Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First day of school...

My older two boys ran off for camp this morning, they finally made it to the airport in Oregon in 9.5 hours. They are slowly riding a big old school bus for 3 hours to camp. My youngest is not old enough to cross the country and go to Not Back to School Camp. He has to wait 2 more years. Today, instead, he started school with me. 

It went rather well, I'm happy to say. He complained a little but not much. I think I prepared him quite well. He read a chapter from his book. He listened to a chapter from a different book. He listened to me read history. He drew something in his history lesson book that made an impression. He started learning cursive handwriting. He played with clay. He worked online with his nine curriculum. We went through flash cards and we did some social studies trivia. That's a fabulous day in my book. I'm very pleased. He stayed in good humor as well. Pinch me! 

I think he actually enjoyed himself this time around. Let's cheer for more great days.  

No comments: