Thursday, November 25, 2010

Christians at war?

The following was from a  Facebook friend, someone I went to highschool with, posted the other day in her status along with an article link:

"Christians cannot be spiritual pacifists in this day and age. Maybe in the past, but not in these times. Jesus followers, we are at war!" 


Um, call me out on this if I am wrong, but wasn't Jesus a pacifist? Didn't he coin the term, "turn the other cheek?" Wasn't he the one that was for love and peace? I am so confused by what the meaning of a Christian is? Are they war mongering fighters, aka, terrorists? Or are they peace loving pacifists? 

I, for one, am disgusted with the Christian community that spout out hatred. Am I at war with them? No! I just wish they would shut up and go do their thing without rubbing my face in it. I have no desire to fight with anybody about what is wrong or right. I know what my beliefs are and I know they do not mesh with Christians at all. That is OK in my book, not in their 2 books, but OK in mine. I don't feel the need to war with them to get my point across. I don't need to take up terrorism to feel secure in my insecurity. 

Can you not be a peaceful Christian that prays for my "damned" soul at home without trying ever so desperately to drag me and my family into a fictional war in your brain?
Do you not have something better to do? I know feed the poor, shelter animals, take care of the meek? Save some people from drugs or abuse? Do some good out there where it is needed and stop drumming up the need to be at war with something or someone because they do not share you belief. Let it go and get on with your life. I am!

No comments: