Friday, May 17, 2013

Atheist vs. Christians

I would say I'm an atheist. Perhaps an agnostic with atheist tendencies. I don't believe there is a God but I'm open minded enough to realize that not everything can be explained by science and not so arrogant to dismiss that fact. I whole heartedly disagree with religions, dogma, and wish there were none to speak of. There are, so be it. 

I've been known to speak about fundamentalists quite often and disgusted by their narrow minded beliefs. Their arrogance to disregard science is appalling. Not to mention their stance on women rights, gay rights, and a grocery list of other issues I'm not willing to get into right now. 

My problem is not with Christians right now, nor Muslims, nor Jewish, nor any other religion that asks you to follow an asinine dogma. My problem is with atheist. I hate telling people I'm an atheist because my own kind are so detestable that I'm embarrassed to admit I'm one of them. 

Atheist are just as ignorant, just as mean, just as arrogant, just as harsh, and just as narrow minded as all the rest that do believe in a god. I've been n a few atheist FB pages and I'm continually aware of the similarities between the believers and the nots. They are both militant. Both right. Both on the correct side. Both are " good people" and everyone else is not. Instead of atheist wishing you to hell they just simply wish death upon you. Both groups are extremely arrogant. Both are fundamentalists. Both have a belief system.

When you point this out to atheist they go bat shit crazy. They spat rude comments, they hiss, they bite back with fangs full of venom. How dare someone tell them they are acting the same way. 

I've decided not to belong to these haters as well. I'm so disillusioned with our human race. I'm so disgusted with the whole lot.  It's hard to rationalize with someone warped on God or someone warped on Hate of anybody that does believe in God. It's sad, really, that a Muslim is afraid to say they are because of the crazies that taint their peaceful life. It's sad I can't share my beliefs safely because militant assholes hijacked the cause to wish death upon people. 

As Everett McGill said in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?  "I guess I'm the only one that remains unaffiliated."  This is how I will describe myself from now on. I no longer want to be affiliated to atheists.   

No comments: