Monday, May 20, 2013

Somedays....

Somedays leave you scratching your head. This was to be of those days for me. It started all right and ended all right but it had weird and slightly unpleasant occurrences. This morning I woke up feeling fine. A little dry mouthed from being slightly dehydrated from the several hours in the sun and the sunburn I was sporting. Nothing harsh, though. I jumped up and got ready for my day. I needed to multi-task because I needed to make it to the place I volunteer to teach yoga. I ran downstairs with my razor and bottled water. Grabbed the single serving packet of wasabi seaweed and began to eat it as I shaved my legs.  As little sheets of seaweed dissolved on my tongue I noticed my throat felt weird. I even noticed a weird splotch of red where I was shaving. I was in such a hurry I threw that thought into the waste basket and got moving. I washed down my seaweed with lemon water and my throat felt better. I chalked it up to a dry morning throat. As I was doing yoga I noticed that the splotchy redness was on my arms. I didn't burn on my arms. I was beginning to feel a tinge of concern.

As I reached the building to do yoga I get a call from my son. He broke the 5 gallon bucket of honey and it was spilling.....
As I was driving home my other son called me to say in a frantic voice, " um, mom, um, (pause with crying in the background) um, mom, we were fighting and Z...um, I think he broke his fingers ( pause long enough to make my heart fly out my asshole), um, he broke his fingernails and he won't let me look." I  get home and everybody is ok, except one fingernail. Karma is a bitch when you try to stab someone with your nails.

I walk in the door. I'm feeling funny but can't put my finger on it. Little light headed and sluggish. I eat something. I let the dogs out while I eat and change my clothes. I hear my German Shepherd slam against the door twice. Not like him, so, I open the door to find him biting a bumble bee in half. I step on the bee so it wouldn't suffer. My dog spent the rest of the day acting sluggish. I'm sure he was stung and bumblebee stings are hellish. 

I talked the kids into going swimwear shopping. I was feeling worse. I was getting nauseated. I was red head to toe with a mysterious rash. We finished our shopping and came home. I just sat in my recliner and chilled. I finally mustered up the strength to walk a mile on the treadmill and made dinner. The rash is subsiding and I researched seaweed allergy. Textbook case. Never had problems before. There goes my sushi.

Anyhow, the day came to a close and all was well. The dog and I survived. My son's finger survived. Most of the honey survived due to my mad MacGyver techniques using a rubber band. The rash is much much lighter and I don't feel as bad. I got a new swimsuit, new skirt, and the kids have new trunks and swim shirts....

Then a brown recluse ran across the floor and onto the couch. It met an untimely death by beating with an iPad and shoe. Scared the shit out of the cat and kids. I was hailed psychopath by my children and all is well, again.


Now I lie in bed thinking, "what a weird fucking day." 

I'm cool with Tuesday being boring and uneventful. Just throwing that out there. 

***right after hitting the publish button I heard a small explosion outside. Weird.***

No comments: