Friday, May 17, 2013

That quiet time....

...sitting alone in the dark and listening to all the noises around you. I love these moments. The neighbors and all their equipment noises, smoking, drier sheet smells, all of that has stopped. Only thing left are the wet frog noises, distant traffic noises, and breathing dog by my side. The night is still. An occasional owl will hoot and the night hawk will squeak but the rest of the world slumbers. 

All sorts of images, thoughts, and memories float around in my noggin and I stop to think how surreal this moment in time really is. It feels magical. It feels distant. It feels impossible. I'm grateful. I'm scared. I'm nervous. I'm lonely. I'm not alone. I'm at peace. I'm in a constant state of flux. I'm neither here or there. I'm not one or the other. I'm a gray...

No comments: