Monday, May 27, 2013

God vs Satan

This morning I saw this meme online ......

 My mom was a theist. She believed that you had to say, " in Jesus's name, Amen" after a prayer to make sure it went "up to God in Heaven." If you didn't go through Jesus your prayer didn't count and God wouldn't listen. I was also taught how God created everybody and everything, even the Devil, the fallen angel. I remember discussing all this with my mom when I was very little. The conversation was recalled upon sight of this meme. 

I remember have internal conflict with the knowledge bestowed upon me. God was super powerful. He healed people, he created people, he killed people, he made a flood, he created the devil. The devil was an angel that went rogue and God stripped him of his wings and demoted him and sent him away. Then Satan was pissed and began fucking with all of Gods people and God was powerless to stop him. 

I looked at my mom and I remember saying, " if god is powerful enough to make people, kill people, and all that, why can't he kill then devil?" We went around and around . My mom had every possible explanation that was forced fed to her when she was little. She regurgitated it all like a good Christian mother. 

How powerful can God be if the Devil can wipe out his handy work? Wouldn't that make the devil more powerful than God? How can people worship a deity that plays mind games with them. Throws in a wrench like the devil and walks away and says, " have fun. I'm outta here, oh but if you want me you will have to go through my son." 

This is why I don't believe in  all this. No one ever had a logical sound answer to my questions. It was always answered with circle talk and canned responses. I get the same thing from every other religion as well. Hindu, Buddhism, all have the canned responses and if you "don't get it" you are defective. If you get it you are springboard up to the top with cheers and admiration. 

It's time to stop all this nonsense and get logical. Rad the Bible and fine the grains of truth in a logical light. Like don't touch dead people is sound advice. What if they are contagious? Logic, it is dangerous! 

No comments: