Wednesday, April 27, 2011

:/

I am really sad right now. Little numb. Feeling lost. My mother was admitted to ICU after an ambulance brought her to the ER. She could not wake up. We have discovered that her CO2 levels are dangerously high and she has a serious infection.

I am an only child and pretty much alone in this. I spent the evening keeping my shit together so I could converse with the medical staff and my crying aunt and my scattered father. I get home at 1 am to a quiet house and it really dawned on me how alone I am in this moment. I have friends praying for me but I am very alone in the whole ordeal. I thought it was cool how a black family filled up the entire waiting room for their family member in ICU. My dad and I were the only other family there in the waiting room. No one but us. They looked sorry for us. White people just don't support their family like black folk do. Sad really. We are a sad lot.

I am super duper tired and cannot sleep! I should have had a nip before bed!

I really think I deserve some happiness now. Baby taken away and now this. Universe, can you provide me with some giddy school girl happiness? I feel pretty desperate for some! Thanks!

No comments: