Monday, April 25, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring....

I love rain! I emphatically love rain. I have rarely cursed the rain. I embrace it with all my being. Night or day. I especially love night time spring rains. Opening the windows to feel the cool breeze, the frogs singing my a bedtime serenade. The sounds of a perfect orchestra lulling me into dream land. The pitter, pat, drip, drap, dribble, drop, tink, plop, and splat of the rain in perfect rhythm to my soul. It knows my name. The wind whispers it. I sit in the dark and bask in the blackness. The void is my sacred space. The unknown. I sit there with the Mother and she tells me stories with the rolling thunder. I breathe in her intoxicating perfume. I can almost feel her arms now wrapping gently, yet firmly, around my body.

I love the peace and the joy. The cry of the coyote mother calling out to her clan. The knowing that I am safe in that moment. I am just as I am to be. I am calm. I am.....

Let it rain. Let it pour. Let the cleansing begin. Let the fear wash away. Let the anger wash away. Let the sadness wash away. Drink in the life and feel renewed. Do not curse your Mother. Sometimes you have to sit in the storm and just be OK with it and let it all go. Breathe deeply and just know it will all be OK because there is nothing wrong with the rain. Don't  fight it, go with the flow.

Good night frogs, good night rain drops, good night breeze, good night Mother. Thank you for another lovely evening. I do enjoy our time together.

No comments: